Monday 17 June 2013

A Day Late, A Dollar Short

Hello!

Apologies for another late blog, at least it's just a day this time!

First off I want to say a big thank you to everyone who came down to The Lacehouse last Saturday for the Hope for Children benefit concert that I put on for a friend of mine.  He was very pleased with the event and the money we raised!  A special thanks to everyone who performed, Alexa Hawksworth was a fantastic addition to the bill and filled in at very short notice which we were incredibly grateful for.  We also had two other lovely ladies, Beth Frisby, Izzy Marie Hill and one of my favourite Nottingham based bands (possibly just one of my favourite bands in general) The Most Ugly Child performing an acoustic set of their country/Americana style music.  Finally I also want to throw in a huge thank you to Kimberley Winter of Under the Tree for helping make the night possible and The Lacehouse for being fantastic hosts as always.

Before I get into this weeks activities I want to say that sadly I will not be going on the Emily and the Woods and Sam Brookes tour that I was due to embark on today.  Due to some unfortunate work conflicts I have had to withdraw myself from the tour and also end my work with NA Music.  Thankfully, the wonderfully talented Dougie Francis was able to step up and fill the gap.  I wish Emily, Sam and Dougie all the best for the week, I'm sure they'll have a fantastic time!

This Friday I traveled back to Matlock for the first time since the February tour to play a set at Twenty-Ten for the lovely Jason Barker.  The two of us were also lucky to be joined by The Most Ugly Child who I was more than happy to watch again not a week since they played for me at The Lacehouse.  Since Matlock is pretty close to Nottingham but far enough away to be a bit of an adventure, with my Under the Tree friends in tow, we set out bright and early to go and explore what I'd call a seaside town with no sea (so many fish & chips restaurants and amusement arcades!).  It turned out to be a really lovely day out, we drove around the surrounding areas and I visited the Chatsworth Estate for the first time, such an impressive place!  The nice weather seems to have disappeared however, and as we were driving through the rainy countryside we had the questionable brilliant idea to film Hurricane in a stormy field.  The resulting video was very atmospheric and I got soaked.  It should hopefully be floating around on the internet soon as well as Kim's Road Trip diary showing our travels...

I did yet more filming bright and early on Saturday morning, this time for WAITT Unsigned at the BrewDog Nottingham.  That video should be available next Saturday (but I'll be living it up in Barcelona by then!).

Finally, I'm very pleased to announce that I will be going back into the studio, this time with Dan of The Most Ugly Child (which as you can imagine I'm very happy about), so the EP is getting set... I've even finished the artwork, can't wait to show you!

Tonight I'll be at The Golden Fleece for one of the last open mic nights with all my friends before people leave Nottingham and the uni life forever, these are pretty sad times but I'm sure we'll be having fun tonight!

Love y'all!

Anwyn :) x


No comments:

Post a Comment