Sunday 21 April 2013

Belated Blog, Dramatic Week

Good evening everyone,

I appear to have forgotten that Sunday is blog day and have been rather distracted by Sunday roasts and making plans for the summer!

This week has been insane!  My dissertation was due in on Friday and (drum roll please...) I managed to get it in by Thursday!  I'm really happy it's all done with now, and to be honest I can't understand how I did it, but I did... so all's well that ends well I suppose, now just the long wait to get my grade back!

Aside from the excitement of the dissertation I did manage to cram in some time for the music in my life... On Monday night the NTU Music Society ran an event at Spanky Van Dykes to raise money for the Student Union's chosen charities in honour of RAG week which was all very lovely.  We had some society faves playing such as Michael Stott, Yasmin Issaka, Agnes Bella, Matt Gold as well as the new addition of Sam Jones which was fabulous!

On Wednesday having nearly completed my dissertation I allowed myself to leave the flat and go and support the fantastic Jess Morgan at Guitar Bar alongside Alexa Hawksworth and Music Soc fresher, Yasmin Eresh.  It was a nice wind down after a lot of relentless typing and I had a fantastic time... I even got to have a little play with some electric guitars (here's me rocking out Hurricane and I'll throw in this video that Marc Reeves shot of The Castle and the Kingdom just for fun too).  

Like handing in my 10,000 word dissertation on Thursday wasn't emotional enough this happened later on and just made my day:

That's the fantastic Newton Faulkner sharing the poster for the Emily and the Woods tour with my name on it!  Needless to say I was incredibly overwhelmed seeing that go up, I feel very, very lucky.

So my dramatic week was rounded off with a chilled out day at home on Friday, a chilled out  day in the park in the sunshine on Saturday and a chilled out Sunday roast eating, summer planning day on Sunday.  Now I'm off to the Brewdog open mic night to hopefully play at least one of the two songs I've written since Thursday night... if I can ever remember my own lyrics that is!

Love y'all!

Anwyn :) x


No comments:

Post a Comment