Sunday 14 April 2013

Dissertation Procrastination

Happy Sunday all!

This one will be brief as I'm 5 days away from my dissertation hand-in date, crazy days!

So this week I've done two open mic nights, I tested the waters (and the beers) last Sunday at the Brew Dog's open mic for the first time which was a lot of fun and highly recommended.  Next up was my standard Monday night of fun at the Fleece, which was extra special this week with university friends reappearing following the Easter break!

On Tuesday evening following a long day of writing I felt the need to have a break so went to see the FANTASTIC Little Comets at Rescue Rooms.  I've been a fan of these guys for a while now but hadn't seen them live until this week and they were brilliant.  Support came from The Crookes who I'd never even listened to before but really enjoyed their set as well.  It was a great evening, and much needed following a lot of stressing and dissertation woes.

My Wednesday night was all about comedy!  My good friends the Long Intros were performing at The Canalhouse for their NCF Comedy night so I went along for the fun and festivities.  If you like things that are funny (and a little rude) you should definitely check them out!

Then there was more dissertation... until........

On Saturday night I had the pleasure and privilege of supporting some fantastic musicians; Rhiannon Mair, Fiona Bevan and Antonio Lulic at Guitar Bar.  I cannot recommend them highly enough, it truly was a pleasure to perform with them.  I was also reunited with my tour buddy Beth McCarthy which was beautiful!  It was nice to get to see her play again for the first time since the tour ended in Matlock all those weeks ago!

So that's all from me, I promise to be a little more talkative next week... my deadline is on Friday - wish me luck!  And one final thing, I'm delighted to say that Beth and I will also be supporting the wonderful Alessi's Ark at Plug in Sheffield at the start of May, everything is very exciting!

Have a lovely week,

Love y'all!

Anwyn :) x


L-R: Neil Atkinson (NA Music), me!, Rob (Guitar Bar), Beth McCarthy, Antonio Lulic, John the bass player, Fiona Bevan and Rhiannon Mair 

LINKS



No comments:

Post a Comment