Sunday 7 April 2013

The BIG Announcement Week

Hello there!

I'm sure most of you follow me on Facebook and Twitter already and are therefore aware of what my big announcement was, but just in case you don't (and because I am incredibly pleased and excited about it...), I was thrilled this week to announce that I will be going on tour with the fantastic Emily and the Woods as a support act, along with Sam Brookes.  The tour will see us play in York, Leeds, Wakefield, Sheffield and Nottingham from the 17th - 21st of June.  Like I've said many times this week via social networking sites, I am so very happy about this opportunity and a big thank you must go to NA Music for making it all possible!  There are many more details over here!

Right, so now all that excitement is out of the way let's get down to business!  After my regular stint at the Golden Fleece open mic night on Monday I was feeling a whole lot healthier and very ready for Tuesday night's gig at Rescue Rooms.  I was very excited about playing in such a well established local venue and it certainly didn't let me down, I even had a dressing room backstage! (that may have made my day a little bit!)  Anyway, once I'd managed to tear myself away from my lovely, comfy sofa and TV, I performed a half an hour set in the Red Rooms area of the venue which was really fun, I got to throw some new stuff out there to an almost completely new crowd which is always a nice experience.  I shared the bill with Samuel P, Them Balloons and Minimum who all made me feel super old - and I'm only 21!  These young guys are all very talented, I was particularly impressed by Samuel P who kind of reminded me a little of Ed Sheeran.  I really enjoyed the indie vibe Them Balloons were going with and I could really see their potential.  The headliners, Minimum, really worked the crowd while the heavier sound isn't my genre of choice I really felt that they were brilliant musicians.

Writing my dissertation has been a priority for the majority of the rest of the week.  I have finally reached the point where I am writing about music now which is making it much more enjoyable.  Not that it wasn't enjoyable before, I love researching about feminism and music and now that I have a clearer idea about my topic I'm looking forward to completing it!  As it is a music related dissertation I'll probably talk at more length about it on here at some point, but I'll save it for now...

After a week of being a hardcore student (the boring writing bits, not the fun drunk stuff), I had a musical weekend!  It began on Friday evening at the Lacehouse in Nottingham where I was drafted in at short notice by a friend to play a set.  I love the Lacehouse, it's a lovely place and the NTU Music Society are hoping to do some more work with them (although the end of term and university in general for me is fast approaching!) Watch this space!  The fantastic Agnes Bella, who seems to have obtained my cough, and Michael Stott were also on hand for some entertaining entertainment and fun was had by all!

On Saturday I got to do a road trip for the first time in a little while, albeit only a little way down the road to Derby.  I played at Book Cafe which was another venue that I was very impressed with.  I'd never been there before but it was incredibly cute and quirky, plus you can never complain when you get paid in pizza - very, very good pizza might I add...

So that's been my week!  Not especially busy and with my deadlines looming I expect the old guitar will have to take a backseat again soon but I'm having fun I suppose...  Besides, all my studenty friends that abandoned me for the Easter break are slowly returning to Nottingham so I've got plenty to look forward to! 

Have a lovely week everyone!

Love y'all!

Anwyn :) x

PS - you may not know this about me but I quite like football, so here's a little clip of something that made me pretty happy this week... Now we wait and see how everyone else gets on today,  these next few weeks are bound to get interesting!


LINKS




No comments:

Post a Comment