Sunday 31 March 2013

Not so Much of a Happy Bunny

Happy Easter folks!

I'm still powering through a horrible cough this week, but thankfully as you're reading this online I don't have to apologise for my constant coughing fits (which has been a problem on stage this week...)

I kicked it all off this week at the Maze (after a whole weekend in bed).  I was playing for their Notts in a Nutshell night and as the solo act I was first to take the stage!  It was my first time playing at the Maze, which is kind of one of those places you have to play at least once if you're based in Nottingham.  Unfortunately, I wasn't up to my best standards what with the poorliness but managed to pull two newbies out of the bag to a very receptive crowd.  Before I headed home (via the Golden Fleece open mic, of course) I caught a set by a band called HotBox.  I was really impressed by these young guys, they've got a really cool sound and although the covers they played were all songs I already love, their original stuff was what sold me...  I'm looking forward to hearing more!

I was back on bed rest/dissertation duties for the next couple of days after being informed that I am 'banished' from my hometown until I finish it... I was really gutted this week that I have had to cancel two gigs due to being unwell, I'm not a happy bunny (Easter joke, get it!?).  So I'd just like to apologise to Monk in Matlock and Verve in Leeds for having to pull out of things this week, I really hate cancelling gigs but this week has just been a total write off.  I did however manage to finish a song, stay tuned...

I did manage to squeeze one more gig out of the week on Saturday in West Bridgford.  Despite being still very ill, it was a really fun experience.  It was just me playing covers all night and it was kind of nice to take a break from my songs for the evening and pay tribute to some of my faves!  Also, the crowd were amazing!

So, it's back to bed for me... I'm feeling a little better today but still not 100%, hopefully I'll have made a full recovery by Tuesday for my gig at Rescue Rooms (message me via Facebook for tickets).  I'm sure the new season of Game of Thrones will help with this... :)

Enjoy the chocolate!

Love y'all 

Anwyn :) x


LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment