Sunday 26 May 2013

I'm at Dot to Dot!

Good evening everyone!

So clearly I forgot to write a blog this week however, I have a totally legit response; Dot to Dot festival! All day this Sunday I've been out at the festival enjoying some fantastic music, as I'm writing this now I'm sat in the Alley Cafe listening to the fantastic Beth Frisby play for the Under the Tree stage of D2D (I love technology, iPhones rule!) I'm going to do more of a festival review next Sunday as there's still loads more to see today...

As for the rest of this week, it's been a bit of a quiet one in all fairness. It all began at the Maze last Sunday with a gig. i went to see New Orleans band, Hurray for the Riff Raff and they were amazing! I mentioned them in a blog a few weeks ago after tracking down their song Young Blood Blues and I was super excited to see them. Then of course there was the Golden Fleece open mic night which eventually turned into an impromptu jam night at the Lacehouse.

Seeing as I was gig-less for the rest of the week I took two days out to get in the studio and record my EP which has been a very exciting experience.  I've got 4 tracks done now it's just a case of getting them mixed down nicely and adding in some other random stuff (banjo update to follow no doubt!) 

So short and sweet this week, Beth has just finished her set beautifully and now we're on to the next! Yay Under the Tree and Dot to Dot! 

Love y'all!

Anwyn :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment