Sunday 19 May 2013

I've Finished Uni!

Hello there!

This week has been a very busy one on the gigging front.  Starting off on Monday as the NTU Music Society took over Spanky van Dykes for the last acoustic night of this academic year.  This month we had fantastic music from Will Wilson, Izzie Marie Hill, Agnes Bella and Yasmin Issaka.  I kicked off the night with a little help from Will on a cover of Noel Gallagher's If I Had a Gun which is one of my favourite songs so was pretty happy to perform it! I also busted out a ukelele for one of my songs which was a lot of fun as I haven't played ukelele on stage in a very long time...

Tuesday was a pretty important day for me, my final piece of uni work was submitted and I am now no longer a student (we'll make it official when I graduate....) To celebrate I spent the entire day in bed catching up on some TV, then eventually ventured out to watch the super talented Ryan Thomas play at Tilt. 

On Wednesday I traveled to Sheffield for NA Music's 5th Birthday celebrations.  I was joined at the Bowery by my tour friends Simon Roe, Eve May Rowlands and Dougie Francis as well as NA Music bands The Retrospectives and Twin Bears.  It was a really enjoyable evening... HAPPY BIRTHDAY NA MUSIC! :)

I made a return to Leamington Spa on Friday to perform at the opening of my friends' new studio.  Sound Anchor Studios is a new business in Leamington based in one of the creative arches underneath the railway bridge that offers rehearsal space, PA hire, CD printing and eventually recording.  It's a very exciting development and I feel really lucky to have been a part of it's opening.

I was straight back to Nottingham on Saturday to play Kerblammo! at the Maze for Under the Tree which was a lot of fun.  With three stages and loads of different acts it was a great night.  I managed to catch music from Mikie Howard and Proper English Gentlemen before playing my acoustic set in the Forest Tavern at the front of the Maze.

So Sunday is my first proper day off in a little while and I've enjoyed it with some unhealthy takeaway and gossiping with friends.  We're going to watch Harry Potter now so I'll have to leave it here!

Enjoy the next week...

Love y'all 

Anwyn :) x




LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment