Sunday 12 May 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away...

Hello readers!

Where did all that sunshine disappear to?!  I already miss it...  Is that Summer 2013 done and dusted?  We'll see I suppose.

Last Sunday while the weather was still lovely I got to play a nice set at the Anchor's beer festival to help raise some money for charity.  It was a fantastic day and as the sun was out we were lucky enough to perform our sets in the Hartshill pub's beautiful beer garden.  I felt so summery!  The fantastic weather continued into Bank Holiday Monday but I unfortunately had to spend 2hours on a train to Nottingham, when I did get back it was straight to the Golden Fleece for some open mic love (in between sitting up on the roof terrace of course!).

After spending a lot of time on Tuesday making a fantastic (in my humble opinion) Summer playlist on Spotify of nearly 500 tracks I was disappointed to say the least when I woke up to the miserable grey day that was Wednesday...  My spirits were lifted later in the evening by going to the amazing Rescue Rooms Quiz and Kareoke for the very first time!  Seriously, it was sooo much fun... we didn't win but it's all about the taking part right?!  The kareoke was fab, I haven't done it in such a long time, it was nice to just have a bit of a mess about while singing instead of taking it seriously all the time...

That said, I was back to seriousness on Thursday night as the Music Society did an Under the Tree takeover at Brewdog.  Big thanks to Kim Winter for pulling all of it together, it was a brilliant night with many, many, many very talented Music Society performers who I love a lot.  We had beautiful music from: Mikie HowardWill WilsonGeorge and JessYasmin IssakaMichael StottMiles HornsbyAgnes BellaMatt GoldIzzy Marie HillAdam Peter SmithThe Long Intros and a special guest appearance from  Marc Reeves who was kind enough to do sound for us (thank you!).  It was so nice to have a night like that before a lot of our members graduate and disappear so a big thank you to everyone who came down to play and support :)

On Friday I submitted my last university essay, all that's left to do now is a piece of group work and then (hopefully...) graduation!  I feel very strange at the minute, these last three years have been mad and I'm so close to the finish line now.  I'm sure to dwell on this even more next week when it'll finally all be over.

Saturday night gave me my first experience of drinking in Beeston!  I played at the White Lion for the Next Step Network music night.  The charity deals with people with mental health problems and helps them with their recoveries, it's a really fantastic charity that's run entirely by volunteers so I was glad to be able to help out even just a little by playing the gig for them.  I was also joined by several other artists and managed to catch sets by Adam Peter Smith, always a pleasure to watch, and the lovely Becky Syson who was kind enough to offer me another gig! yay!  Oh, and Beeston is cool, I like it.

I think that's just about it for this week, let's hope the sun comes back out and I can enjoy my playlist in style...  And finally, before I go, I'm delighted to announce that on the 26th May I'll be playing the Under the Tree stage in Alley Cafe at the Dot to Dot fringe festival! 

Love y'all!

Anwyn :) x

PS - Spotify adverts keep telling me about their 'play button' feature so I've decided to utilise it and share my summer love with you, voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment