Sunday 5 May 2013

The Sun is Out!

Happy Sunday!

Hope everyone has enjoyed the lovely weather we've had this week!  Let's hope it sticks around a little while longer....

Last Sunday evening I went to The Queens Social Club in Sheffield to watch Lucy Rose, she was so good!  I actually think it might've been one of the best gigs I've been to in a while, she was fantastic!  And afterwards she sold me some tea... Lucy Rose makes tea!  How cool is that?  I really enjoyed watching her perform, I've been a big fan of her for quite a while.

Monday was the standard Golden Fleece open mic night which was brilliant as always, I will be sad when all the final year students in the Music Society graduate and disappear, I'm hoping to stick around!

This week the Music Society were invited to perform at Nottingham Trent Student's Union Awards (NTSU Awards).  For any of you that follow me on Twitter will be fully aware of this after my explosion of tweets on Wednesday night. Let me explain, we were sat next to a TV screen that was displaying tweets with #ntsuawards, Music Society kinda just ran with it...  It was a lovely evening with free food and wine (hence all the tweets).  Myself, Matt Gold and the Long Intros all got to perform one song each in front of a very suave looking audience.  The NTU Drama Society also performed songs from their rendition of Fame and dance group, Funky Fresh Collective did an incredible routine.

This weekend I've come back home again, which is always a nice treat and this afternoon I'll be travelling to the The Anchor in Hartshill to perform at a Beer Festival with my good friends Benjamin Penrose and Samuel Hayler!  I'll let you know how we get on next week...

Love y'all

Anwyn :) x


LINKS


No comments:

Post a Comment