Sunday 3 March 2013

The Never-Ending Tour

Hello everybody!


It's been over a week since the NA Music Acoustic Tour ended and left me heartbroken, but at least I can still revel in nostalgia with the brilliant tour video that Beth filmed and edited together (is there no end to this girl's talents!?), check it out here! 

I also had a rather lovely article written about my Guitar Bar set for Nottingham Trent's Platform Magazine which is available to read on their website if you follow this link...  Thank you to Will Wilson for writing and publishing those kind words.

Now onto this week's adventures... after the tour, I had a nice relaxing weekend back in my hometown of Leamington Spa and managed to make it back to Nottingham on Monday just in time to hit the Golden Fleece open mic night.  I was lucky enough to be joined by Calum Hems on banjo again for our version of White Blank Page and The Castle and the Kingdom.  

And in true rock star fashion, by Tuesday I was back on the road again for a gig in Derby with Steve Faulkner, 5 Strings and my good friend Marc Reeves for Sausage and Folk at the Graduate.  I was joined there by local percussionist Sam Turner for an impromptu collaboration on my set

On Wednesday I played a set at The Stop Bar in Nottingham which was a lovely venue, then ventured out for a friend's birthday afterwards.  Following a BIG lack of sleep, I gave myself a well-deserved night off from my gigs on Thursday and instead went to see Slash play at the Capital FM Arena!  The gig was brilliant, when you can close a show with songs as big as Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City you pretty much know you're a legend... 

By Thursday, after sufficient rest, I was back to gigging - starting with the featured artist slot at Lee Rosy's open mic night.  It was a really nice evening hosted by Marc Reeves in the basement of Lee Rosy's Tea House.  There was a brilliant atmosphere and I was once again accompanied by Calum (on electric guitar this time!).  

I ended this week of what seems to be a never-ending tour with two gigs on Saturday night at Loft Bar and Guitar Bar, both in Nottingham.  I thoroughly enjoyed the set at Loft Bar, especially with it being my first time playing there and was immensely excited to follow up with my support slot for Mariana Bell later in the evening.  We both played to a small, intimate crowd, unplugged and acoustic (here's a video of Shine).  The audience at the venue were incredibly attentive and we ended the night with a private after hours jam... All in all, just a beautiful night!  

After another very busy week I'm definitely looking forward to having a bit of time off.  Otherwise known as time to focus on that dissertation I'm writing..... 

Love y'all

Anwyn :) x





No comments:

Post a Comment